Updated: Sep 26
As the vibrant hues of summer greens transition to the warm shades of fall, there's a tangible shift in the air. The Autumnal Equinox marks not only a change in the environment but invites a change within us. Autumn is nature's gentle reminder to slow down, reflect, and prepare for the cycles ahead.
Autumn: a deeper meaning
Autumn teaches us the beauty of letting go. Just as trees shed their leaves in preparation for winter, it's a call for us to release burdens, unnecessary obligations, and old habits. This season prompts us to prioritize self-care, ensuring that as the external world quiets down, our internal world remains vibrant and nourished.
A Meditation for the Season
To help you anchor in the energy of autumn, here's a simple meditation you can incorporate into your daily routine:
1. Find a Comfortable Space: Choose a quiet space, either indoors or outdoors. If you can, position yourself near a window or outside where you can observe the changing colors of the season.
2. Ground Yourself: Sit or lie down comfortably. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, inhaling the crisp autumn air and exhaling any tension.
3. Visualize a Tree: Picture a tall, strong tree with leaves in the hues of fall—reds, oranges, yellows. See its leaves gently falling, carried by the breeze.
4. Connect with the Tree: Imagine you are the tree. Feel the strength in your roots, the flexibility in your branches, and the freedom in your shedding leaves. Each leaf represents something you're letting go of—an old habit, a past hurt, or an outdated belief.
5. Affirmation: Silently or aloud, repeat the affirmation: *"With every leaf I shed, I create space for new growth and blessings."*
6. Conclude the Meditation: After 5-10 minutes, or when you feel complete, bring your focus back to your breath. Gradually deepen your inhalations and exhalations. Gently wiggle your fingers and toes, and when you're ready, open your eyes.
Pouring into Your Cup
This season, while nature turns inward, let's also pivot our attention to our inner world. By embracing the wisdom of autumn, we can navigate life's transitions with grace. And just as trees stand tall, grounded, and prepared for the colder months, with consistent self-care and introspection, we too can flourish, ensuring our cups remain full and ready to share with others.
May this meditation and reflection guide you throughout the season, offering you moments of stillness amidst the swirling autumn leaves.
Ready for a deeper layer of support? Book a private Reiki session this week.